Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Just a few things to inspire...

So, I'm a dreamer, I'll admit it. Doom gets on me all the time about my pleas and starry-eyed fantasizing about going on adventures and taking vacations and talking about the future. He's more of an 'in the moment' kind of person. I don't know why, its not like I hate where I am now, but I can't help but look to the future! So after I'm done with my calendar project, I'd like to continue painting as much as possible, so here is a list to inspire and motivate me with my future projects (feel free to suggest or borrow from this list! I'd love to see your versions of these ideas, you artsy peoples out there!):
  • I'd love to illustrate a scene from a book. Like with characters, setting, everything, with as much detail and accuracy as possible. Maybe something from A Song of Fire and Ice.
  • Dinosaurs- I was obsessed with them as a child, but since there aren't exactly any live references to use I've never attempted to draw/paint one. How cool would that be to recreate a scene from when the earth was inhabited by entirely different creatures?
  • My dogs. This will be difficult, and I don't know if I could succeed but I'd love a nice painting of them to hang up. Poodle fur is hard though! 
  • Light beams and dust motes and back-lighting and other various lighting situations! I tend to just throw shadows where ever I damn please. time to actually use my brain!
  • I have a canvas of monstrous size that I'd love to do an acrylic painting on to hang up in mine and Doom's future apt/house. Ambitious, I know. But we'll see if I can come up with something worth painting/keeping/showing. 
  • This one is definitely a challenge to myself: sci-fi. these types of paintings are not only imaginative, but they are pretty technical and exact, something I don't really practice! Not sure if I can actually come up with a cool enough concept, but sci-fi rocks so I'm putting it on the list!  
  • Water. Like waterfalls, pools, streams, reflections, anything. Its oh-so-beautiful and challenging at the same time. 
  • Landscapes, landscapes, landscapes. 

1 comment:

  1. "I tend to just throw shadows where ever I damn please." ROFL I DO THAT. Every time.
    I love water, you should put dead logs in that painting. Possibly with a dog on one. LOL
    Sci fi is so awesome, I can't wait for that one.
    AND HEY. What about my book?? :D

    ReplyDelete