Sunday, August 5, 2012

So why don't we go somewhere only we know?

"I came across a fallen tree, I felt the branches of it looking at me. Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?" - Keane, Somewhere Only We Know

Some art, another break from my calendar project. It was good to paint some familiar faces. Its watercolors on 9x12 bristol board, which is quite different than painting on watercolor paper. I quite like it. It seems to have an illustrative quality to it. I used some general references for the animals (european badger and hare) but other than that I kinda just made up the background on my own. Which is probably bad because now it looks like they're in some dark creepy forest. But these two have a lifetime of adventures to discuss, so that's what I've depicted them doing: just sitting down in a favorite spot, reminiscing on the past. It reminds me of course of the song by Keane, a song that I've loved for quite awhile.
So here's your dose of art from me!

1 comment:

  1. I like the mysterious background! I think it looks awesome! Yay arts!

    ReplyDelete