Friday, August 10, 2012

Prelude to fall(semester, that is)

I am officially done with physics! I don't think I'm gonna get anything higher than a B but I am so unbelievable relieved to be done with summer school. It really drains you. I have 2 short weeks before fall semester, but I plan on taking full advantage of this tiny break.
This morning I painted an autumny-inspired bear for my calendar project! What perfect timing, eh? Here is a WIP shot (I only took one, d'oh!):
And the final product:
So let me just tally up my calendar project thusfar:
  1. Barn Owl & forest (complete!)
  2. Crow & forest (complete!)
  3. Foxes & wintery forest (complete!)
  4. Bison & Badlands (complete!)
  5. Rhino & Thunderstorm (complete!)
  6. Snow leopard & mountains (Complete!)
  7. Hare & Desert(complete!)
  8.  Black Bear in Autumn (complete!)
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
I know I hadn't really intended on drawing a bear but it just kinda happened so I went with it! I'm still not sure about the other 4 paintings... I've realized it really boils down to good references! We shall see. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's fantastic! That background is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh neat! And pretty cute!
    Where's the canid painting? I'm all looking forward to that one.... *puppy dog eyes* Wait didn't you do a jackal?

    ReplyDelete