Monday, June 18, 2012

My first dog...

This is just a post, dedicated to my baby boy.
Titus is my first dog. I got him when I was a freshman in high school. He saw me through those awkward teen years, he was there when I left halfway through high school to go to another school, miles away in a dry, hot, hellish desert. He helped me find joy in this wasteland. Perhaps it is partly because of him I set my sights on being a veterinarian. He was there for me when I graduated high school, and when I went to college. He has comforted me through my fears and worries, depressing points and he's shared my joy and love and happiness. He wasn't happy when I got him a little brother, but he's learned to love the little bugger too. He wasn't happy when I got a boyfriend, but it's hard not to love someone who scratches ears so good!
He'll be 6 years old in about a month. I can't believe it. Time flies. Next year he'll be considered a senior, and that makes me sad. The life of a dog is too damned short. But hopefully he'll have many more years, and I desperately hope I can take him somewhere to live with fields and trees when/if I leave for vet school.
I love the way he gives kisses, he's a very thorough kisser. He'll lick every inch of your face/arms/legs if you give him a chance. It can be annoying, but it's cute too. I like the way he snuffles you before he gives you a kiss. And the way he carries toys around the house. He'll also steal your shoes if he can get away with it. He's such a dorky dog. He'll make the weirdest whining sounds when he's upset, and I can't help but laugh. He's spoiled and stubborn but he's mine. And I love him. So here's to you, baby boy, let's go places together!




1 comment:

  1. Awwww so sweet. Titus is pretty awesome, I still hope he and Balf will get to meet some day.

    ReplyDelete