Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Saddest Halloween ever

Things after surgery didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped. I got a call a few days later from Doom saying that Ti was bleeding badly from his sutures. A panicked call later to the doctor and I had Doom drop him off at the hospital. Later that day I found out he had to stay at the hospital for an indefinite amount of time because some tissue was potentially necrotic... and he needed hydrotherapy. I cried when I visited him that night, it just was so sad for him to have to stay there... he hates it there, he whines and cries and there's a terribly empty hole in my house when he's not there. Even Feivel seems down. They have him on stronger antibiotics... I checked him the next day, and today, and his incision site looks better, less swollen, less fluid leakage. I'm glad there's improvement, cause I was scared... I've never been so depressed before. Ever. And I don't think I've ever cried so much either. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to leave the house, I skipped a day of classes. I don't care if I seem silly, crying over a hospital stay, but I'd rather be under the knife 1000 times before putting my dogs under.
Come home soon <3
So for now, I know he's safe being confined to a kennel because at the house he would run around and roll over and shake too much, threatening to rip his sutures. I can't wait for him to come home... It's been rough. I don't know who's more upset, me or him. I feel like when I visit him I make him even more sad, so I just quickly checked his stitches and left today before he got too upset.
Now I'm going to a Halloween shindig thing that I don't particularly want to go too... But I thought I'd update on him, as much as I want to disappear from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment