Friday, January 4, 2013

Chop Suey Winter Break!

What have I been up to since my last blog? Well... Not too much. I can't believe its already January! I feel like I need to slow this break down, its going by way too fast! I already got an email from a professor for a class I'm taking next semester, how awful is that? Its like he was trying to ruin winter break fun. *sigh*
There is one email I'm anxiously waiting for though... the email from that new professor in regards to a research position I applied to towards the end of this past semester. Did I forget to mention that? Oops... it was because I didn't want to jinx myself! I'm still afraid to jinx myself, and I'm knocking on wood as I type. I didn't realize how much I wanted this position until I actually applied for it though! Its made me question my future goals somewhat, which is a good thing, not a bad thing. However, the more I type about it the more nervous I get so onto other subjects (I'll update when I get news).
My brother (who shall be called Hedgehog) and his girlfriend (we'll call her Warbler) were visiting for awhile, they left a couple days ago. We had fun playing Munchkin (yay they loved this game!), Risk and they played scrabble, though I didn't partake. Warbler made me some lovely earrings. I am sad they're gone as it sucks not having family here to visit whenever we want, but I admit I did take advantage of their leaving by beginning my conversion of the formerly-guest-room into mine and Doom's new room area! So far it has TV with game systems, Doom's computer, and we have stuffed the closet almost to capacity. Tomorrow our new futon arrives (thanks to mom and dad). Now that Doom will be living with us, it will be nice to have the extra space rather than trying to cram into my room. There are still some finishing touches we need but all in all I'm pleased with how the room is coming along. I'll post pics when its finished.
I may have news in regards to a new art project, but again I don't want to jinx myself so it will just have to be our little surprise.
So yeah I'm lame right now and have no new pics or anything. And I don't want to go to work the next two days. Bleh. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. I don't ever want to go to work! lol I'm excited for the art! I really liked Warbler I'm glad your bro found an awesome girl. Awesome nicknames lol.

    ReplyDelete