Friday, October 11, 2013

The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time book 2)

I reviewed the first book of this series awhile ago. I must say, I found the second book even better (much better, in fact) than the first. It seems like the voice actors did a better job this time around. Also, story-wise the characters were much less annoying. Some were a little too predictable for my taste, and some things were repetitive (for example, characters always complaining about the same thing, or not getting over things at all really). Besides the minor character issues, I liked the story and the adventure much more in this one, after the first book it really opens up the world further.
I'm quite looking forward to the rest of the series (and there are like a bajillion more books!)
Also, a side-note: I don't really like how Ogier are drawn,because I envisioned Loial to be much different, so perhaps I'll post a more refined version of a sketch I made of what MY Ogier would look like. I mean, the wiki link above and the cover here --> show them as being just too human-like, which bugs me for some reason.

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of things are drawn too human like.
    So many books, so little time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I read this stories years and years ago (probably started when I was 12- I am a voracious reader), and absolutely LOVED them. They only get better. I still own many of them, though not as many are out now I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I knew you were awesome ;) Thats so cool! Glad to know they only get better. :)

      Delete