Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Scuplting

I got some clay awhile back but I didn't have a chance to play with it until this winter break. I decided to sculpt my dogs, but when that became too daunting, I decided to sculpt my dog Titus' head. The process was... difficult. I don't sculpt often so its a challenge for me, also, getting individual features down on dogs is difficult! The clay was hard and difficult to work with.
Titus was recently shaved nekkid so he doesn't even look like a poodle really. Thusly, my sculpture looks like a lab. Ah, well. It was a learning experience.
 At least it is definitely canine! Now I can cross sculpting off my list of things I need to do this winter break. And hopefully I can do more of it!



2 comments:

  1. Nah you made the nose pointy, labs don't (shouldn't) have pointy noses. CUTE. You're doing a fluffy Fei next right? ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! No, I don't wanna do 2 dogs in a row! I think I'll try something wild. :)

    ReplyDelete