Monday, November 4, 2013

Whose side am I on?


I see monsters, and darkness. I know there are friends, and starlight. I feel the finite space shrinking around me, when I know I'm in an infinite world. I feel my mind betray me, my thoughts trap me, why is the world so small? 
I'm a dreamer, I feel it inside, but the dreamer's cries are stifled by an insurmountable distance. The path is lost, the way forgotten. The trail is cold and anyway I feel frozen. 
I'm a caged bird, I can't stretch my wings. There is no point, they will only cramp again. When will I see the bars are nothing, conjured phantoms of twisted metal that hold me without even the courtesy of existing? 
Lies fill my head (did I let them in?), fear chases my heart to exhaustion (can I run fast enough?), when did I start a war with myself (whose side am I on?)

No comments:

Post a Comment